I've noticed for years that I get bunches of great input and chatter from my own universe when I'm on a long drive. That's one of the many reasons I love to drive so much! I always figured it was simply the solitude, the enforced mental downtime, with enough of my attention taken up by driving to allow my mind to wander.
One thing I've done for many years, at least since 1998 or so, is a protection ritual. When I'm on a long drive like that, I say/think/broadcast something like "I call in my guides, my guardians, my ancestors, anyone who is with me on this journey, to help me arrive safely at my destination," and I envision roses at every corner of my car. When I left for Florida, for the very first time I added "my characters" to that list. I had no idea why I did that.
After both of our calls and thinking a bit differently about my own guides, I'm feeling differently about why I get so much input on my trips. I quite clearly ask them for it, don't I???
Peace.
I really like that part about calling in your
ReplyDeleteguides when u r making a long trip (short trip too) makes a lot of sense. No wonder they talk to u.
It's so funny to me that I'd never thought of it that way until these calls. I had never once put all of that together. A couple of weeks ago I would have firmly told you no, my guides never talk to me! Even though my characters have been incredibly chatty and open for a long while now, since Wisdom House last year, I'm just now thinking I need to do exactly the same thing when I'm writing.
ReplyDeleteAmazing how another point of view, in fiction or in life, can shift the world around you!
Peace.
Let's see where this conversation goes! Hope others join in.
ReplyDeleteI don't know were I'd be without my guides. And such pleasure to be able to share them and be shared with other guides. We should have a guide party!!! :)
I enthusiastically endorse the guide party! I've told a few of you about my cousin Bryce and I having the experience of our characters interviewing each other on top of the Empire State Building this summer. That was utterly surreal. Neither of us planned that, they just started talking. I felt like I was merely an observer for that long, fascinating conversation. Our guides getting together could be quite the event!
ReplyDeletePeace.
Guide party. Yes!
ReplyDeleteGuide comm feels tangled today. Ugh.
I have to travel today. I'll be driving down the fwy with a horse, a Native American, a Tibetam lama, and an angel on the four corners of my car. An assortment of animal guidesls will be piled on top with their nosesin the breeze . This typing process annoys me. Anyway, what a sight we'll make to any who can see.
Guide party. Yes!
ReplyDeleteGuide comm feels tangled today. Ugh.
I have to travel today. I'll be driving down the fwy with a horse, a Native American, a Tibetam lama, and an angel on the four corners of my car. An assortment of animal guidesls will be piled on top with their nosesin the breeze . This typing process annoys me. Anyway, what a sight we'll make to any who can see.
Love it!! What protection, too :)
ReplyDelete