Here are two fellows that were given to me by a shopkeeper in Maine. I don't know their names, but they sit on my coffee table and gaze knowingly as a constant reminder of their presence. In fact, in this room there are many guides and representations of helpful spirits. In the busy buzz of life, it is nice to have a quiet space to sit with your guides and have a conversation. I am remembering to do so more and more. And, as I sit here in my in a distant room in sunny Florida, I feel connected to them, patiently waiting in my room of statues back at home.

i read this again. i like it. it reminded me of memory. and how close some memories are that you can almost feel them in your bones. new ones and old ones. that even goes for guides. i see them sitting there waiting for you. i felt that the first time i read this too.
ReplyDelete